Automated Insights, Inc. (“Company”, “we” or “us”) maintains the Websites automatedinsights.com and wordsmith.automatedinsights.com (collectively, the “Website”). Registered users can use the Website to remotely access and use our proprietary software application (“Wordsmith”). Users provide their own structured data and text (the “User Content”), which Wordsmith transforms into narrative content (the “Articles”). For an additional fee, we also provide training and consulting services to help You better use Wordsmith. All of the foregoing are cumulatively referred as our “Services”.
NOTICE – INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE.
- We collect and store information that registered users (“Customers” or “You”) submit to us, such as their names and e-mail addresses, to allow us to identify Customers, provide the Services and notify Customers of changes or updates to the Services. When Customers provide us with their e-mail addresses, they automatically opt-in to receive e-mails from us (including marketing e-mails). If a Customer would like to opt-out of these marketing e-mails, it can change its settings through its account page. We also collect and store the Customer’s name and phone number if a Customer elects to provide such information, which we use to assist us in providing the Services. We also collect other information from Customers, such as the Customer’s IP address and browser type. We use the IP addresses of Customers to assist in login and other uses related to Customers’ use of the Services. Customers’ sessions on the Website are tracked for systems administration purposes and to track user trends. We may link IP address and other information to a Customer’s account.
- You may include your personal information in User Content. With our express prior consent, You may include the personal information of third parties in User Content. We use this information to create Articles.
- As You navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain traffic data and usage information to help us manage our content and improve your use of the Website. This may include information about your equipment, your IP address and your browsing actions and patterns when You visit our Website, including the referring and exit pages.
- Like many other websites, we use a standard technology called “cookies.” Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your hard drive. They can help make the Internet experience quicker and more convenient. Cookies allow Customers to login without entering their user ID and password each time they use the Service. Cookies also allow us to improve the Service. Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing You to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways. If you disable cookies, You will not be able to use the Service.
DATA INTEGRITY – HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
We generally use the information we collect to create a secure and personalized Service.
- We gather IP Addresses for systems administration purposes, abuse prevention and to track user trends. We may also use your IP address to identify the general geographic area from which You are accessing our Website. We do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information.
- We collect Customers’ user IDs and password information to enable them to log into and use the Service.
- Customers are automatically opted-in to receive marketing e-mails from us when they register for the Service. Customers can opt-out of such e-mails by adjusting their account settings, provided that we may still send Customers e-mails relating to their accounts.
- We collect Customers’ names and phone numbers, which allow us to contact them in account recovery and other scenarios.
- We use User Content to create Articles.
- We use traffic data and usage information to help us manage our content and improve your use of the Website.
ONWARD TRANSFER – DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES.
- We may aggregate and anonymize Customers’ traffic data with that from other Customers to provide benchmarking data and other functionality, but we will not disclose aggregated traffic data in a manner that reveals the identity of a Customer without the Customer’s express prior consent.
- We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information, including User Content, with them to provide products and services. Examples include billing, technical assistance, and customer service. Our agents subscribe to the same level of privacy protection as we do. Unless we inform You otherwise, our agents do not have any right to use the personal information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- The Company may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if the Company, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is reviewed and transferred or acquired by a third party. Accordingly, You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of the Company may continue to use your personal information, including User Content, as set forth in this policy.
- As noted above, Customers may choose not to receive marketing e-mails from us and can opt out of such e-mails through their account settings.
- Customers may access their personally identifiable information stored by the Company. We will allow Customers to correct, amend or delete their personal information that we retain to the extent it is inaccurate, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the privacy of the Customer in question, or where the rights of others would be violated. Should You elect to correct, amend or delete any personally identifiable information included in User Content, You are solely responsible for any resulting changes in the Articles.
- Customers who discontinue use of the Service may choose to have their personal information deleted from the Service by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES.
- The Website may contain links to third-party websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party websites You choose to visit. If You provide any information directly to parties other than us, different rules may apply to the use or disclosure of that information. We encourage You to investigate and ask questions before disclosing your personal information to third parties.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS.
- We may choose to deploy advertising on the Website or in connection with any Services that are delivered to users through a third party’s advertising server. Information about users’ use of the Website or Services, such as the number of times a user has viewed an ad (but no personally identifiable information of the user), would be used in such a scenario to serve ads to users of the Website or the Services.
PRIVACY PROTECTION FOR CHILDREN.
- In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we do not knowingly provide access to the Website or the Services to persons under the age of thirteen (13). If we learn that any user of the Services is under the age of thirteen (13), we will take appropriate steps to remove that user’s information from our records and we will restrict that individual from future access to the Services.
- We have implemented security measures to protect
user information from loss, misuse and alteration. We
use industry-standard practices such as encrypted
storage, firewalls and password protection systems to
safeguard the confidentiality of Customers’ personal
information. Each of our employees and agents is aware
of our security policies, and your information is only
available to those employees and agents who need it to
perform their jobs.
Although we have taken measures to keep user information secure that we think are reasonable, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and that we cannot guarantee the security of your information. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom You share your information. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We are not responsible for third-party circumvention or hacking of any privacy settings or security measures, and we hereby disclaim all liability related to such third-party action. Any transmission of your information or use of the Services is at your own risk. You can reduce these risks by using common-sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for websites, and using up-to-date antivirus software.
- We have implemented security measures to protect user information from loss, misuse and alteration. We use industry-standard practices such as encrypted storage, firewalls and password protection systems to safeguard the confidentiality of Customers’ personal information. Each of our employees and agents is aware of our security policies, and your information is only available to those employees and agents who need it to perform their jobs.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES.
SAFE HARBOR PRIVACY STATEMENT.
compliance with it and the Safe Harbor Principles can
initially be referred to email@example.com
or Automated Insights, Inc. at 512 S. Mangum St #400
Durham, NC 27701. We also follow internal
procedures for verifying that our commitments under
remedy problems arising out of a failure to comply with
have further committed to refer unresolved privacy
complaints under the Safe Harbor Principles to an
independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU
SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business
Bureaus. If You do not receive timely acknowledgment of
your complaint, or if your complaint is not
satisfactorily addressed by us, You may contact the BBB
EU SAFE HARBOR program at the address below:
Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc.
BBB EU SAFE HARBOR
4200 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 800
Arlington, VA 22203